As the year comes to a close, we’d like to revisit some of the highlights of our year and celebrate our success as we look forward to a bright 2017.
We had a lot of great moments in 2016. In no particular order, here are some of the ones we’re most proud of:
1.Tim Williamson joins our team as President of NOLA Media Group
2. The One Louisiana Fund is created after the Louisiana Flood of 2016 to assist small businesses in Baton Rouge
3.NOLA Media Group teams up with Lucid to launch a new daily election tracking poll
4. The Associated Press awards NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune journalists for excellence in digital and print journalism, including the Mark Twain award for overall excellence in Louisiana
5. NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune journalists Danielle Dreilinger and Brett Anderson receive awards from the Society for Features Journalism
6. Chef John Besh is awarded the first T.G. Solomon Excellence in Innovation Award
7. NOLA Media Group partners with Idea Village for the second annual Digital MediaX Challenge and awards the top prize to New Orleans-based Scenehound
8. In honor of the city’s tricentennial, NOLA Media Group launches 300 for 300, a two-year celebration of the people and moments that shaped New Orleans
9. The second annual Top Workplaces, produced by NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune in partnership with WorkplaceDynamics, names 2016’s best employers in Greater New Orleans
10. NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune sports department journalists snag 10 first-place Division I awards and a first place award for Saints/NFL coverage from the Louisiana Sports Writers Association
As in years past, the dedicated team of journalists at NOLA Media Group continue to be recognized for their commitment to providing outstanding, continuous coverage of our community. Our commitment to the community through sponsorships and partnerships brought us many opportunities to celebrate New Orleans and give back to the city we call home.
We want to extend to all our community partners, readers and clients best wishes for a Happy New Year, and we look forward to working with you all in 2017 to continue to make New Orleans a better place.